Where to find *A flights from pdx?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by GreekDeno, May 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wasn't it expertflyer or another site that listed all of the routings? I'm looking for all of the *A flights to pdx for an upcoming trip (not mr). I don't think direct is the way to go so want to see where else I can go through via ita?

And apologizes up front if I need to do more research or just play with ita more. Tell me to stfa and it will be done. I didn't see anything here initially and didn't have time to look through ft this morning. TIA

misman and MSPeconomist like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Infinite1K and torbster like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

Many airports post flight schedules on their websites. If you know what *A carriers serve PDX, it should be easy to identify the nonstop destinations this way. Your choices are probably CO. UA, and US plus whatever *A foreign carriers serve PDX, probably AC, possibly LH, NZ, or ANA but I doubt it.

If you have a recent copy of the airplane magazine from a *A carrier, it probably has route maps in the back, but these can be hard to read and might show only codeshare flights.

KENNECTED likes this.
  4. sniklec
    Original Member

sniklec Silver Member

Status Points:
    The PDX website lists all nonstop flights. We have a pretty small airport, so it's a short list. From there you could work backwards through carrier hubs.

That's easy, because there's only one: AC to/from YVR, YYC (seasonal) and YYZ.

misman and MSPeconomist like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly. That's why I suggested starting with the airport website. No FF wants a "direct" flight because you usually lose miles and upgrades, only nonstops and then connect from there.

That's easy, because there's only one: AC to/from YVR, YYC (seasonal) and YYZ.[/quote]

That's what I suggested but I wanted to give PDX the benefit of the double because I know DL has nonstops every day to NRT and probably AMS and/or CDG too.

6. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're wishing for only *A and *A routings, try the Star Alliance flight search and you can find the quickest *A routings from PDX to you're destination.

7. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everybody. I'm trying to work in a little mileage bump for a wedding this summer in pdx.