Where should we put a thread for flyers offering lounge sponsorship or needing sponsorship ?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wondering where a good spot would be to start the thread that we had on FT where flyers can ask for , or offer sponsoring flyers into lounges on a specific date.

2. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suggest in each of the alliance pages. If I'm not mistaken, most lounge programs allow those with memberships in the alliance airlines to gain entry. CO PClub is not specific to only CO memberships, as an example.

In general, I really hope the Alliance sections of MilePoint really take off as so many things are of benefit to all programs within an alliance, but typically only get posted in a single carrier's forum on the other site.

3. LFCorsten
    Original Member

LFCorsten Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or in the program? i.g. we have one at miles & More.

4. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, this would be pretty useful, I certainly would love to be a guest but wouldn't even know where to look before... other than posting a "mini-DO" and hoping someone replies.

5. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    As an example though, UACO members aren't members of Miles & More most likely, but very well could be on an LH or similar flight. The reverse is also true. It would seem to be better to at least put in an alliance page meetup versus individual programs to get more views.
    Alternatively, it could be on the airport pages that I think are getting started. Even though that is probably more logical (because it spans alliances and provides the opportunity for more community building), I less optimistic about that working -- may just be too big of a leap for some.

6. LFCorsten
    Original Member

LFCorsten Silver Member

Status Points:
    A place could be a separate calender?

SeaWolf likes this.
  7. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    right here?

8. I like the idea of a calendar, sort of like BA97, where you can just post where you're headed and when and it's very easy too look and find people who are travelling around at the same time. A thread gets messy quickly and becomes very hard to sort through previous posts looking for who is where when, given that they will be in the order they're posted, rather than the order they'll be travelled in.

mowogo, kiwi and joesmoe like this.
  9. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    A calendar sounds like a great idea.

10. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    A calendar would be useful, but the key to keep it manageable would be having a bunch of child calendars for each hub, so that the general calendar does not become too cluttered. The Star Alliance is a huge alliance and just one calendar would probably turn some people away because they can't figure out who they might want to meet up with because there are so many postings in it.

11. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried ba97? It works fine with one calendar for many users, with filters in place to select your region.

12. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, I have not. Just poking around at the design, I definitely see how it is a good design, though maybe simplify the lounge section so you can find a lounge without having to input all of your flight information. Just an airport, times, and airline would produce a good field and make it easy for things to run.

13. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    You don't have to input everything for it to work.

14. I would like to support the idea of a calendar. It should include a form where a few standard questions are asked (airport code, time, date, lounge, comment) and then the user should be able to drill down and search.

joesmoe likes this.
  15. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for a calendar, especially if it allows sorting.

joesmoe likes this.
  16. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    In a past life I'd post in the LH, TG and UA lounge threads. It would be more convenient to have one centralized location to cover all *A.

joesmoe likes this.
  17. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:

From what I understand a calendar is on the plan. There may be other priorities to get taken care of before this site goes live on march 1 and no longer in beta