where should I post requests/trades/etc?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by 1711, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 1711

1711 Silver Member

Status Points:
    New here. Primarily asking about US Air "share miles" for the Grand Slam, but I guess it extends to others too. Don't want to inadvertently post to the wrong forum - I know people don't like that.

Thanks in advance.

Gargoyle and SC Flier like this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will let some of the more seasoned answer your questions 1711... I just wanted to welcome you to milePoint... nice to have you here and enjoy!

Gargoyle and SC Flier like this.
  3. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    1711, welcome to milepoint! Not for the reason that you asked about, but I hope that you'll also consider posting to the following thread:
    What is your member number?
    :D

As a new member wanting to make a trade, you will probably need to take the burden of trust mostly on your shoulders. Personally, I would expect for you to share miles to someone else before that person provides something in return. A nice thing about sharing miles is that the miles post immediately, so as soon as you do your part, the other person can know to do their part.

Post in the GS thread as harvson3 recommended, and perhaps we can find someone else who also needs that hit. If you get a private offer from someone and have doubts about whether that person is trustworthy, ask for a reference from some other members who can vouch for them.

There is a forum for trades called The Exchange that is restricted to Gold members and their +1s. But requests for exchanges such as yours are not currently prohibited in the regular forums.

Thanks for asking for directions! We hope you'll poke around the rest of the forum and find a nice home here!

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. 1711

1711 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone. I will post in the thread

SC Flier likes this.
  6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP, 1711 :)