Where should I look to rent?

Discussion in 'Timeshares' started by alohastephen, Mar 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am looking for a timeshare unit to rent at Marriott's Koolina Beach Club during week 13.

A couple of years ago I searched sellmytimesharenow.com but they did not offer a secure way for me to conduct the transaction online (they told me to send a check to the owner).

What is the best way to search for an availability? And securest way to conduct a transaction?

Thank you!:)

marcwint55 and NYBanker like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using Paypal to pay, and funding the Paypal purchase via a credit card, give you two lines of defense in any purchase.

cvsara and alohastephen like this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    alohastephen likes this.
  4. sgorchid

sgorchid New Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried Red Week? I rent some of my Marriott units with them , and rent from other people. Never had a problem. Good Luck! sgorchid (new member)

alohastephen likes this.
  5. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good Advise, and when PayPal won't back you up, (Think eBay). Your CC provider will.

alohastephen likes this.
  6. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like they want $14.99 for a subscription to contact the owners. I wouldn't mind paying a transaction fee, but $14.99 just to be a member?

7. SnowDogDad

SnowDogDad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have found sellmytimesharenow.com to be a bit shady. You are right, $14.99 just to contact the owner is a bit much. Try finding rentals on Red Week, VRBO or Vacation Home Rentals. LOTS of scams on Craig's List, by the way. I used to advertise my rental there and got 5 scam/spam responses for every legitimate query.

There are a lot of shady people out there trying to rent vacation rentals, so be careful. PayPal and credit cards are a good way to go, but ask for a phone number and mailing address from your perspective rentee. Google the address and verify that it is what the person says it is.

alohastephen likes this.
  8. rosiew

rosiew Member

Status Points:
    Redweek usually works pretty well, you could also try TUGBBS or Bidshares, I wouldn't recommend you to use timeshare rental companies such as sellmytimeshare or vacationrentals, as they might charge a large fee with no guaranteed results

alohastephen likes this.
  9. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

I would try another location unless you want to be way out of town. We stayed there once and driving into Waikiki is a pain in the rear end. If you are only interested in that location, the property is okay, but I really was not that impressed with it. Don't go up to Waianae at night unless you are with a local.