where is my card?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ACPanda, May 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACPanda
    Original Member

ACPanda Active Member

Status Points:
    I crossed 2MM miles in February. I quickly received the status upgrade to PLT online, the congratulations e-mail and the 4 upgrades. However, over three months later and I still have not received a card. I sent a polite note in mid-April. They responded quickly and politely that they would re-submit the request and I should get a card in 3 weeks. 5 weeks later and still no card.

Edit: I just realized the potential problem. Apparently, the AA database does not like my new address and invalidated it, so my old address was used. However, I am still getting my mail forwarded from my old address, so I am still wondering why it wasn't forwarded to me if it was sent. Now I have to contact AAdvantage to change my address since it won't accept my address online. It is really odd that their database does not like my address.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You edited this with exactly what I was going to say: have you checked influences outside of AA not following through, such as the address being incorrect? :)

3. ACPanda
    Original Member

ACPanda Active Member

Status Points:
    You are correct. I am fairly certain I tried to change my address in my profile when I moved, but now for some reason it still shows my old address and won't validate my new address when I try to change it now.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As someone who used to work in a customer service call center with an old computer system, I'm willing to bet AA has a system that has very strict address requirements. I'm sure your address will work, but you might be using a symbol/spacing/abbreviations that isn't allowed by the program.

sobore likes this.
  5. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    The same thing happenned to me. I'm a LT GOLD and still waiting the CARD! Got the EVIPS, the Congratulation email, but no card yet!!! I became LT GOLD exactly on February this year!!! So it's been 4 months or 16 weeks. Any suggestions?