Where in the World is the Traveller Also Known As FT Junior?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by FlyinHawaiian, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyinHawaiian
    Original Member

FlyinHawaiian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am now in temporary custody of the statue also known as FT Junior and would like to get him handed off and travelling again. In a way, I think he belongs just as much to MilePoint (if not more) than to FlyerTalk.

Here are the current possibilities for him to travel in the next few weeks:

Weekend of 19 Feb - Bergen County, NJ and New York City
    Saturday, 26 Feb - St. Louis, MO
    Weekend of 5 March - San Francisco, Napa, and East Bay

If you live in any of these areas and want to take Junior flying, please contact me. Otherwise, he is available to anyone in the Los Angeles area.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I think he belongs solely to FlyerTalk as the members of that community really did earn that commendation. No matter how successful milepoint may become, there is really only a single pioneer in this space—that being FlyerTalk. As a member of FlyerTalk, I'd be pleased to help Junior rack up come more miles. I'll be in NYC on the evening of 2/19 and part of 2/20 before heading to Dallas and other places in between and beyond. I can keep him on the road until March 12th?

3. FlyinHawaiian
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, as always, for your thoughts, Randy.

MRP Alert has indicated he might be interested in taking FT Jr. but if that doesn't work out, I will plan on bringing him/it with me to NYC this weekend. I arrive Saturday morning and will be in NJ that afternoon/evening. I can certainly stop by the Andaz on Saturday or Sunday before you leave.

I am sad to say that Junior had to endure a ride in the overhead bin of a CRJ-200; I am a little surprised he didn't melt from the experience.

4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    he didn't melt in the warm hot sun of Cancun, FT Jr was HOT that trip !!!

5. FlyinHawaiian
    Original Member

Status Points:
    He *did* get a pat down from the TSA screener at ORD last night.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    oh boy, I can't state what I want to state, trying to keep a family friendly thread.[​IMG]

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure this discussion is about FT Junior (from the Frequent Traveler Awards) and not Freddie Jr.

[​IMG]

I have FT Junior at my home in NYC right now and I am looking for someone who will be traveling soon to take him for a ride.