Where in LA?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Kalboz, May 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am looking at two properties in LA: the Beverly Hilton and the Universal City Hilton for later this month. Any idea which is best for a family of four (two adults and two small children ages 4 & 1)?

We probably spend a day or two at Universal, go to the Getty off the 405, and attend a Cirque du Soleil performance at the Kodak Theater.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thanks! :)

uggboy and perryplatypus like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Forgot to mention that I am Gold with HHonors and interested to know about lounge access, breakfast, and upgrades.

I am also Platinum with Marriott and they do have a Renaissance behind the Kodak Theater ... might also post this on the Marriott branch.

uggboy and perryplatypus like this.
  3. rosscoe68

rosscoe68 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at the Beverly Hilton in FEB, and a Gold member was upgraded to a Jr Suite. Room was great, staff friendly ( Whitney had passed away the week before ) no lounge. Would I stay again? Yes.

A couple of things, parking prices where insane. Breakfast was only Cont ( but that should have changed with the new gold upgrade ).

Yet to stay at the Hilton Universal

perryplatypus, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  4. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming you rent a car, you'll want to avoid Beverly Hills traffic and insane parking prices. Also, if you're into sushi and japanese food, Ventura Blvd. in Studio City can't be beat. Driving over the hill into Hollywood or over to the Getty on Mulholland can also be a nice drive.

Kalboz likes this.