Where Have Delta’s Award Charts Gone?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I might live and breathe miles and points, but I draw the line at memorizing award charts. Sure, there are sweet spots to every program, and I know those from frequent use, but keeping track of how many miles American requires for award travel between Madagascar and Kazakhstan just doesn't come up very often. And if I go directly to the airline website, rather than trusting my memory, I'm less likely to make a mistake. So it's a good habit regardless. Fortunately, airlines publish their award charts, which is great for everyone involved! Consumers can see how many miles an award should cost, that encourages loyalty and involvement, and all the rest. Ben has written about this a lot -- a transparent program has more engaged members. Delta SkyMiles definitely has tendencies towards sneakiness. In the past they've changed award prices overnight (and claimed that it was illegal to notify consumers of price changes in advance), so they're hardly on my list of trustworthy programs. Today, however, takes the cake. The post Where Have Delta’s Award Charts Gone? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...