Where Do You Wish United Flew?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Pizzaman, Oct 17, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've been an AA EXP for a decade now. Due to changes to the AAdvantage program over the past few years, I'm not as tied to AA as I once was.

However, I probably would have stayed (or flown them a lot more than I did this year) if they flew IAD-ORD. They abandoned the route long ago and it's virtually impossible to get to the Midwest in a timely manner from here nowadays.

United generally has me well-covered. I can't think of any nonstop I'd like to see other than JFK, which I can deal with.

I'm wondering if anyone wishes for a route that seems like an obvious hole for UA. It's clear Scott Kirby is hell-bent on adding routes like crazy right now. Where do you want I see growth?

misman likes this.
  2. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    It may not be an answer to your question, but I'd like to see UA take some of the cities that are only served by high-frequency ERJs and add one mainline flight to the schedule. There are two BUF-EWR flights within 90 minutes...both are on regional jets and both are almost always delayed. It would be nice if they switched that to one flight on an A319...it would free up a landing slot at EWR and be less subject to delay/cancellation. Doing this in 15-20 different cities (ROC, SYR, CVG, DCA, IND, etc.) could really make a difference!

3. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely not an "obvious hole", and it is never going to happen... but home to SOW would be great. I think we are on our 5th or 6th service provider in the past 20-years with Boutique. Frontier has been in there off and on.

4. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    With Southwest likely to do triangle routes in Hawaii, I hope UA does too.

IDGflygirl and misman like this.
  5. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Home? Flying out of a fourth world flughaffen (and another airline’s hub) I can go everywhere.
    PS: It’s the reason I’m a MM.

misman likes this.
  6. quigley301

quigley301 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had been flying at least twice a year from IAD to MAN/UK for 8 years. It was great. I was usually there door to door in 15 hours. They used to cut back to three flights a week in the off tourist season. They totally discontinued 100/101 late in 2016. I tried taking a commuter from DCA to EWR and than on from there. It was painful. I had to change terminals going and clear customs and immigration in Newark coming back. There were many business flyers as well as British tourist that used that route. I was surprised when they discontinued. My last trip I flew United to FRA and Lufthansa from FRA to MAN. It was better than EWR, but still a pain changing planes in FRA. I had a 2 1/2 hour layover and needed it in that gigantic Frankfurt airport.

Thank you for the heads-up. Maybe they will reinstate the flights.

Gail Quigley

Sent from my iPad using InsideFlyer mobile app

Dublin_rfk and misman like this.
  7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    You might see this happen just because of a lack of pilots! Outside of that, I think the airlines like the "more frequency, smaller metal" philosophy they have in place.

I was a bit surprised when they killed this flight. I wonder if they have the frames to spin this back up. I also wonder if routes like this are affected by so many low-cost carriers spinning up East Coast to Europe service. Is it lack of demand to Manchester or lack of demand for flights between the two continents in general?

Steve GadFly and misman like this.
  8. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the neighborhood. It’s nice to see new posters. Don’t follow my lead and lurk, get out and post often.

Pizzaman, Steve GadFly and misman like this.
  9. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    They finally started serving RST this summer and it's helped drop airfare significantly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using InsideFlyer mobile app

Steve GadFly, IDGflygirl and misman like this.
  10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    They weren't serving it already? I thought I flew it many years ago on UA. Guess that's part of Kirby's strategy to be everywhere AA is out of ORD.

ande777emt and misman like this.
  11. Olton Hall
    Original Member

Olton Hall Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish they flew out of TTN but I recognize the logistics of that failure and the fact it would require connections at IAD or ORD which offsets any time savings of driving to EWR.

12. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about TTN-EWR?? What do you think the completion percentage on that flight would be?

Sent from my SM-G900P using InsideFlyer mobile app

ande777emt, Pizzaman and misman like this.
  13. Olton Hall
    Original Member

Olton Hall Gold Member

Status Points:
  14. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Only if they had 3X/day service.