Where can we get the old UA-branded stuff?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by gobluetwo, May 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it even possible to get some of this stuff? I'm thinking of the red carpets, random tulip signs, etc. Anything with the old UA visual identity. I was thinking about this in LGA last night as I walked across what appeared to be a BRAND NEW red carpet. That thing is going away soon, and I wouldn't mind taking it home with me :)

I also saw an old Star Alliance sign leaning against the wall which I briefly considered walking out of the airport with, but left it there on second thought. Yeah, that security camera literally 10 feet in front of me scared me off!

But back to the original question - any thoughts on what UA is going to do with all that stuff and if we can get our hands on any of it?

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Actonma
    Original Member

Actonma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    tried logging in, but site not working, result of cost cutting and merger synergy?:)

5. hobo13
    Original Member

hobo13 Silver Member

Status Points:
    uh, on a plane? in an RCC? ;)

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    So looks like you actually have to enter the www into the URL for it to work: http://www.theunitedshop.com

But that's not really what I was looking for. More like old red carpets used at the gates, signs, etc. Maybe United will be the ones to sell it on ebay!

7. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    Normally when a company attempts to rebrand, they try to get most of the old brand ware out of circulation. Hopefully this wont be the case as I would love a CO blue carpet or two!