Where are 'Proper' BA Customers?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by ukgooner, Jun 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    In a lighthearted...but kind of serious way...

Seems like the BA section of this forum is full of people on Chase 2-4-1 deals and moaning about fuel surcharges.

It wasn't like this at the beginning...

Where is everyone?

Globaliser likes this.
  2. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a very US centric forum.
    All the others are on FT or moreFT.

Globaliser and Disco Volante like this.
  3. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Largely where they were before.

But I would probably get banned from here if I were to suggest that that meant 'Proper' frequent flyer websites, so I won't.

Primula and Disco Volante like this.
  4. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    The forum has been taken over by American based Chase members most of whom will never even fly BA. They post the same questions over and over again.....as you say, usually about avoiding taxes and charges.
    The real BA flyers got fed up and left.

Globaliser likes this.
  5. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most Americans can read, but we're still working on understanding the meaning of words. Posting the same questions over and over is a variant of speaking more and more loudly when there is a language barrier. I'm sorry so many BA flyers left MP, but can understand how annoying it is. On slow days I read the BA board on FT because it's amusing and informative. (And so learned how annoying all our fork-and-knife switching is :) Hope the Proper ones come back soon.

Prospero likes this.
  6. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dont get me wrong - I don't object to an American bias (after all - just like international travel, international perspectives broaden the mind), but as EZEIZA says, the content is very predictable, and doesn't relate to real experiences and expert advice about using BA. LILI you are right, the BA FT board is full of witty comments, but above all informative. Yes there are still Chase posts, fuel charge rants and people who call the airline "British Air", but you can easily avoid it...

I like the technical construction of this forum, but we need to get some quality on here soon....