Where are miles credit for a US airway flight rebooked on KLM?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by OceanTrotter3, Nov 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Due to delay with US airways, and in fear of missing my connection I approached an agent. She mentioned that there is a direct flight going out via KLM. And so I took it.

While the US Airways flight was suppose to be part of my Preferred Trial run for Gold, I can't afford to miss it.

Anyway, now that I'm here... I'm wondering where my miles will be credited to, with KLM being SkyTeam, and US Airway being OneWorld.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ask US for original routing credit through the Dividend Miles Service Center. You'll want to provide proof of travel (copies of boarding passes, your receipt for the ticket).

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    And, after the miles credit to US, use those same BPs to credit the KLM as-flown segments to your favorite SkyTeam partner. :cool:

Gtitan likes this.
  4. OceanTrotter3

Status Points:
    Are you referring to the boarding passes from US airways or KLM? I didn't retain the U.S. airway ones when they exchanged it for the KLM ones. :/

5. OceanTrotter3

Status Points:
    Someone on FlyerTalk posted this information under "Delayed or Cancelled Flights", which is good to know:

Non-award travel
    • If your US Airways flight or American is cancelled and you’re rescheduled on US Airways, American or another partner carrier, you’ll receive miles for the new itinerary flown.
    • If you’re rescheduled on a non-partner carrier, you’ll receive credit for your originally scheduled flight(s), but you must contact the Dividend Miles Service Center for processing.
    So I called in to US Airways, and had the miles credited right away, and the status to reflect that was posted fairly quickly as well. :)

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the exact same advice you were given here, FWIW.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  7. OceanTrotter3

Status Points:
    Yup, just good to see it in the official policy.