When will PHL-ANC be bookable?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by jfhscott, Feb 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    In 2010, I was able to book seasonal PHL-ANC in January for June travel. As of today, no luck.

Any idea when it will become bookable?

2. phlwookie
    Original Member

phlwookie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe I saw a while back that they're not planning to run it this summer, and indeed I don't see it in the schedules. This will leave PHX as the only routing on US metal, though you have more options on UA through at least ORD, SFO and IAH.

As to why, I'm going to guess it struggled revenue wise with high fuel prices and the 757 may be doing more profitable European or Caribbean services.

3. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Aha.

And it cannot help that AS just added PHL. When I flew it in 2010, my aircraft had just come in from Oslo. It was nice having int'l config 757 F seating, and I've been hoping to do it again. When I flew DCA-BOS in January, the seatback magazine still identified the seasonal route. Here's hoping . . . .

4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just inputed some dummy dates for June, July, and August and it looks like they are not running seasonal service this year. Trying to find info on it but am unable to.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA flies to ANC from DEN,IAH,ORD,SEA, & SFO and they will be resuming service to FAI from DEN.

Sean Colahan likes this.