When will Four Seasons give up on Sydney?

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by adamefimoff2, Jun 4, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Terrible property

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you elaborate?

uggboy likes this.
  3. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    I think everyone hates it

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure why "everyone" wants that the Four Seasons in Sydney should be re-branded as something else, over on TA it gets pretty good reviews and the photos on their website look inviting. The hotel is an older property and was before a Regent, but this doesn't mean it can't be a Four Seasons. Any reasons why this property shouldn't be a Four Seasons, beside "everyone" says so?

5. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    I just think they should 'Park Lane' it totally refurb. Very small rooms and not good food. I want to hear what @davidourisman says

6. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    real details man you are.

HaveMilesWillTravel and uggboy like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The FS London Park Lane has compared to other FS properties smaller rooms too, but as you pointed out was totally transformed recently and they added a spa on the rooftop which seems to be a top drawer. Nevertheless I don't get the "hatred" towards the FS Sydney by some. Sydney is a difficult market to enter so I guess it's good there's a FS otherwise it could be difficult to open up another one and I presume that FS do their best to ensure that this particular property is a "real" FS, even when it's older or was a Regent before. Of course Regent could/does stand on its own like the Regent Berlin which counts as one of the most luxurious properties in Germany, but then this one was a former FS. Pretty much a mirror situation here in both cities.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016