When to buy status, or I already bought status, how long does it last?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by justplanenuts, Jan 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. justplanenuts

justplanenuts Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

I'm still trying to find an exact date where I did this, but I bought up to Chairman for 2013. My question is on timing if I decide to do this again, or do I actually need to?

If I bought up in 2013, do I have status through 2/28/2015 much as if I had somehow qualified by flying in the first few months of 2013, or are the rules different when buying up?

If I wanted to buy up again before the transformation completes, what would be the best time? If I buy up now, would I have status through 2/28/2016 just as if I flew the miles?

Thank,
    -mark

2. justplanenuts

justplanenuts Active Member

Status Points:
    Update: I bought up on 02/25/2013

3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's simple enough to get an answer by calling the folks at USAirways. You even have a dedicated Chairman's Preferred phone line, where you will get an answer tout suite! My guess is that your current Chairman's Preferred status will be good until 03/31/2014, after which time your new status kicks in.

4. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called US Airways to talk about doing the same in 2013, and they told me that buying before June/July would result in 2014 being the end date, and buying after that middle of the year would push it to 2015. So, you should see it expire in March 2014 based on what you posted.