When Forgetfulness Saves You Money On Flights…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

You know that feeling you get when that highly coveted award seat you've been waiting for finally becomes available? Or when there's availability to redeem points at a "dream" hotel over the holidays? Usually you get that elated feeling from doing lots of research and/or monitoring availability closely. Apparently sometimes forgetfulness pays off as well, and this was just such an extreme example that I couldn't help but share. I need to fly from Los Angeles to Dallas soon, and when I looked a few days ago, the fare was $212 per person ($424.20 total for two people). I placed it on hold, and was planning on booking it the next day. While I wasn't thrilled with the fare, ultimately I was willing to book it, since we had to be on that flight from a scheduling standpoint. Unfortunately that flight slipped my mind the following day. Grrrr. With my luck, I was imagining that the fare had doubled, or something. The post When Forgetfulness Saves You Money On Flights… appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...