When does US Airways unblock first class bulkhead seats

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by FFMilesJunkie, Oct 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FFMilesJunkie

FFMilesJunkie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a flight in First coming up in November from LAS-DCA (A319). Right now, the Mrs and I can't get seats together. The only 2 seats available were back to back window seats (2 & 3F). It appears that 1A&C are both blocked according to the seat map on ExpertFlyer. When do they typically unblock those seats? Are they only assignable on the day of travel? ExpertFlyer is still showing F2, so it looks like they are still selling a couple of seats in F.

Thanks!

2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would call and ask. I don't think I've ever been able to choose a seat in row 1 (the only time I've gotten one is when I've been upgraded and that was what was assigned to me). Generally they block them for passengers in F with disabilities, but they might be able to put you two together.

FFMilesJunkie likes this.
  3. FFMilesJunkie

FFMilesJunkie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called and got one of us in 1C, but they are still blocking 1A for possible disabled traveler. At least we now have a window and an aisle, so it makes it easier to swap seats if someone is so inclined. Thanks for the reply.