When does UA post RPU and GPU to an account?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by KenInEscazu, Oct 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recall that my RPUs were always posted immediately when I hit Platinum status, but today I achieved 1K status and my account still shows no availability of either. Yeah... I know I'm impatient. ;) It's just that I have a trip booked where I want to get on the wait list a.s.a.p., as UGs on one of the legs is difficult to get.

8MiHi likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    One or two days after the points post IME.

8MiHi, IDGflygirl and goalie like this.
  3. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's been my experience it happens over the weekend update after you achieve the level that warrants the GPU's/RPU's.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was my experience as well where my "75k threshold" RPU's posted 2 days after the miles hit my account

5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    They posted late yesterday. Same day. Either I got really lucky or they are getting better at this particular action.

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hit 103K PQM on 11/20 and, while the status bar that shows "PQM/PQS Toward Additional Upgrades*" appeared as soon as the miles posted, the 6 GPUs and 2 RPUs that I am supposed to get for crossing the 100K PQM level have not yet posted. Does anyone know whether MP does a "sweep" to determine who gets these perks, and if so when they do it? The 2 RPUs for crossing the 75K PQM level had posted at the same time as the miles for the trip that got me there so I am now wondering whether I should call the 1K desk to find out why these 1K GPUs and RPUs have taken so long (5 days and counting)...

....unless they are going to revert to awarding them on 12/31 for a 01/31 (following year) expiration date, i.e., like before the merger?

7. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where do the upgrades even show up on the United page?

8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    They show up on the left-hand panel that says "Welcome, Your-First-Name", after you click to get to "My Account"...

9. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should have seen them within a couple of days of crossing that threshold. You should prolly call tomorrow & inquire. The new expiration for all 2012-earned instruments is 1/31/14.

10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is what I thought too, except that it has not yet happened, and the only thing new that happened since the time this thread was started is that the expiration date has been extended to 01/31/14. However, when the expiration date was 01/31/xx in the past (pre-merger), the SWUs did not post until 12/31/xx-1, so I am wondering...

I will call tomorrow...

11. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would call. They only changed the expiration date for RPU/GPU but not when they would post to your account. You're correct that it used to be at the end of the year but the new program has them posting within 1-2 days of you crossing the threshold. I've seen my post the same night after the flights posted to put me over a particular threshold. I think a call will get it straightened out quickly.

Your best bet is to call the UA 1K Mileageplus Service Center instead of the main #.

-Rob

NYCUA1K and IDGflygirl like this.
  12. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe with the holiday here, things are delayed, but can't imagine that the system would be delayed in crediting them, if it's automated!

NYCUA1K likes this.
  13. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just called the 1K desk and they have no explanation for the delayed posting of the upgrade instruments. Since it is clear that I've crossed the threshold, can't they simply add the GPUs and RPUs manually? No, because then that would screw up the system, which is supposed to do it automatically. I am to wait 7-10 days and call back if the upgrade instruments still have not yet posted, except that it's already been 5 days since the associated PQMs posted...

In short, this is very annoying because it is seriously delaying how soon I can request or sponsor an upgrade!

After I called and I rechecked my account, it is now displaying this very old message:

14. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just called MP and was told that they do a "sweep" every Monday night and add RPU/GPU to all accounts after midnight each Monday. They told me to call back tomorrow if I dont see them in my account.

IDGflygirl and NYCUA1K like this.
  15. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least that is something concrete to be looking forward to, and if it turns out as described, we'll know that a "sweep" is done and when it is done, and thus when to expect the RPU/GPU to post...

16. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    He told me that this will be the process going forward and to expect the upgrades to post the following Tuesday after the last flight needed to cross the threshold has been posted to your account.

In addition, the rep was very helpful and told me that if I had a flight that I needed to upgrade immediately he would "loan" me an upgrade until my upgrades post to my account tomorrow. Fortunately, I didn't have any flights that required an immediate upgrade.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  17. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I passed Plat Thursday, so I will let you know if it holds true, still waiting to see any upgrades appear on my account. I hope it happens tomorrow.

18. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I passed 1k on 11/20 and have been checking everyday...called this AM and was told it will post tonight after midnight...will be checking tomorrow too! :)

19. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    My situation exactly, 1K on 11/20 but no GPU or RPU posted, which started this round of discussion. At least we now have some type of explanation, as opposed to what I was told before, which was simply that they did not know why the posting was delayed.

20. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rep I spoke with was very knowledgable and double checked it with a supervisor....guess we will see tomorrow how accurate he was. :)

Flyer1976 and NYCUA1K like this.
  21. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I crossed the 150k mark as well so we'll see if they post tomorrow.

22. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think non-rev counts towards that. :D

23. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That shtick gets old mate! I flew 157k BUTT IN SEAT revenue this year so bite me! :p

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

desamo and Steve GadFly like this.
  24. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked at 05:44 Eastern time on Tuesday morning and my RPUs from crossing 100k posted, but my GPUs have not yet posted.

25. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here; I am at a Hampton Inn in ORD and the time now is 5:30 AM on Tuesday Nov. 27 -- still no GPUs or RPUs posted:mad:!