When Does It Make Sense To Go Into City On A Layover?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Reader Djangojam asked the following question in the "Ask Lucky" forum: "Hi Lucky, I know that you're a big fan of Abu Dhabi so I wanted to get your advice. My 9 year old son and I will be transiting AUH later this month on our way to Bali. Specifically we are on DFW-AUH-KUL both in F. Arriving AUH at 19:30 and departing at 2:30. So a 7 hour layover. When I originally booked the flights I anticipated spending the layover in the massive new first class lounge. But His Excellency squashed that plan. Now I'm wondering if I should leave the airport. What would you suggest for spending that time, keeping in mind the 9 year old? And if I leave the airport, what is the minimum amount of money I would need to withdraw to make sure I'm not stranded somewhere, or would I just be able to charge everything? Thanks." I figured I'd answer the question here, not just because I have a specific answer, but also because I think the topic of when to go into a city during a layover is an interesting one to discuss in general. The post When Does It Make Sense To Go Into City On A Layover? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...