When does CO take miles for award tickets out of OP account?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Aug 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked two one-way awards (mix of UA/LH flights) a week ago using the CO website. Both show up as ticketed. For one award the 50k miles were taken out of my account. For the other one, they weren't, and they don't show up on the "receipt" page either. The way that receipt looks, I got a C flight from Europe to the US for $1xx. Nice, except I don't want to end up running into trouble in FRA when trying to check in with LH for my return. And of course the right thing to do is to point it out to them when I call later tonight to get the LH record locators.

The only reason I even noticed this was that I had more miles in my CO account (should've been close to zero, as I always transfer in from UA as needed) when I just booked another award.

By the way, it would be really nice if CO.com could actually display the partner airline record locators. Can't be that difficult of a change; I am sure this has been pointed out to them by others?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Call Continental, get the record locator for your LH flights. Look up the flights on the LH website, see if you see a ticket #. Or just call Lufthansa and ask them if they see the ticket # attached to the reservation.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I can see the CO 005 ticket # on the Continental site. And it shows as confirmed and ticketed. I have no intention of not pointing out the mistake to them; I think it's only fair just like I'd expect them to correct a mistake that was in their favor (though admittedly it's less likely they would notice it).

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It has happened to me sometimes and they didn't deduct one award until 5 days later.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Is there some human / manual work involved on CO's side? It seems bizarre that a computer would not process this ticket in one single transaction/commit cycle.

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think so...this one was called in so I assume they had to do a manual calculation on that one but for the one last night...the miles were automatically deducted when it was e-ticketed.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.