When do you get Skyclub access?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by TravelBear, Oct 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    A cursory review of posts left me with no real answer so..... We are booked CLT-ATL-MUC in first and BE respectively. Award seats. I believe "R" and "O". With this alone, is there access to Skyclub? We have a layover in ATL. It's not a huge deal if we can't access but I thought if we could it would be cool to see one. I am a lowly FO with a DL plat AE (not reserve). It seems pretty members only.

gregm likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You get in at ATL as a BizE customer, even on an award. The SkyDeck in Terminal F (pics in that link) is nice but none of the SkyClubs are so amazing IMO as to be a destination worth scheduling extra time or alternate routings just to visit. The opportunity to sit in a relatively crowded area and pay for decent drinks is also available at bars down in the terminal, just like in the club.

3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually in some airports, you can keep busy and amused at the same time sitting at the bars :)

TravelBear likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'll be doing that later tonight at JFK. :cool:

anileze likes this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some have good eyecandy some have bupkiss ;) I think MIA leads in this category :D

6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just learned that Loungebuddy has developed an IPhone App that provides information about all airport lounges for your air travel itinerary. Go to http://www.loungebuddy.com/ to download this app. They are working on an Android app - that I'm looking forward to getting for our Android phones!

According to their website:

"Airport lounges aren’t just reserved for first class flyers or road warriors. Hundreds of lounges around the world are available for a one-time fee. Whether you’re looking for a comfortable spot to relax and have a cocktail, a work desk to be productive, a place to have a meal while enjoying views of the tarmac, or access to a shower after that long flight, a private oasis is now available to you."

"Determining which airport lounges you may access on any given itinerary can be a challenge. With the LoungeBuddy access wizard, we take the guesswork out of knowing which lounges are available to you and your guests. Fill out your LoungeBuddy profile with any elite status, lounge memberships, and credit cards, along with your current itinerary, and we do the rest."

"Explore lounges around the world or in your airport. Browse photos and amenities, and view real photos and reviews from other LoungeBuddy members. With LoungeBuddy, you can now find the right lounge for you, at the right time."

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assuming OP has a single itinerary/ticket for a longhaul international flight confirmed in BE, there should be access at CLT if there's a SC at that airport as well as ATL.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There is not. Just the two US clubs.

9. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was under the mistaken belief that domestic A did not get you access, unless accompanied by Amex-Plat, or DM ?

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Or on a transcon to/from JFK. :-:

But in this case being I believe the access comes from being on a BizE ticket. That gets you access at the up-line stations as well as at the international gateway, not just at the gateway. I know for certain that this is the policy with UA and I'm 99% sure that it is the same for DL.

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, even domestic full F doesn't carry lounge access with DL except for a few select transcon routes.

In this case, the lounge access is derived from having a same day SkyTeam international flight confirmed in BE or international business/first class. The "same day as SkyTeam international" standard also applies to SkyTeam ElitePlus (GM+ on DL) elites even if traveling in coach.

anileze likes this.
  12. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does a ATL-HNL count as select transcon route ?

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Nope. Just flights from JFK to the west coast plus LAS and PHX last I saw.

anileze likes this.
  14. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Skip the SCs and get a massage or mani/pedi!! The SCs suck these days.

anileze likes this.
  15. HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter Silver Member

Status Points:
    A little bit off topic but JFK/DEN also has a direct business elite flight that gets you access to the JFK Sky Club just by showing your upgraded boarding pass. This flight is usually an easy upgrade and sometimes departs with empty seats upfront. You can also often buy a one way in business (class I) for less than $300. Back to the original topic: OP, The regular Delta Platinum Amex should get you $25 Sky Club access if for some reason you don't get it as part of your award flight which in fact you should. The Terminal T Sky Club is my favorite, as it is usually uncrowded, but the farthest from the international departures gates.

Wandering Aramean likes this.