I've got $300 of AA gift cards to use, and I'm trying to use them to go MCO-LAS Mar 7-10 next year. Looking at the median fare on flightaware.com, it looks like each 1-way flight via MIA is priced around $225-235. So, it seems like this might be as good a time as any to purchase the flight for 2, and drop my 3 gift cards onto it. However, with it being still 4 months out, and a non-refundable flight (unlike WN where I could cancel and keep the funds available for 12 months after initial purchase), does it make sense to wait longer and purchase around the 6 week mark, when it's less likely that I'd have to cancel, or just do it now and pay a fee if I have to cancel/reschedule? With WN flights, it never really mattered to me when I bought the tickets if they were priced around the median, but I want to use these gift cards, and haven't flown AA in my adult life. I assume they're similar to other legacy carriers, but I'm used to avoiding those, that is until I started the credit card churning game.