When did UAExpress go "dry"?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Canadi>n, Oct 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had two UAExpress flights today and on both, the FAs said there was no alcohol on board. Neither on the 40-minute ROA-IAD Dash8 flight (UA3593) nor on the 70-minute IAD-YYZ CRJ flight (UA5890) both after noon hour. I had no such issue on UA3593 on Friday when it was IAD-ROA, so wondering if I just encountered two lazy FAs? (Unlike the FA on Friday who had a full plane and went down the aisle before take-off taking everyone's drink order, the FA today on the ROA flight had a light load and just poured cups of water and headed down the aisle distributing them, not taking orders for anything else.)

So is this a new policy starting this week that UAExpress flights are now "dry"?

2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope not. I have a 3hr flight coming up this Friday.

3. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    maybe this was an exception? I have a couple of 1 hour puddle jumper flights every week that haven't gone dry

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No.

5. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they just ran out?

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There should have been a water service and beverages on request for ROA-IAD and a full beverage service on IAD-YYZ.

image-1146635217.jpg

7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Think I just had a couple of lazy FAs who couldn't be bothered opening the bar and dealing with accounting. Got several more of these flights coming up next month so hope this is not a trend. Looking forward to going back to AA where FAs offer ExecPlats comp bar and snack on regional one-class flights, .

8. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could have been a catering error where they forgot to load the booze.

I had a catering error happen on an AA flight recently.... No nuts or salads were loaded in F for a 3 hour flight for a flight coded as "Dinner."

LETTERBOY likes this.