When can you re-sign up for a credit card?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by muhmuhmuhmark, Aug 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. muhmuhmuhmark

muhmuhmuhmark Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey all! I signed up for the Southwest Card over 2 years ago when they were running their gift card promotion. I canceled the card over a year ago. I wanted to know when I can resign up for the southwest card. I would really like to get those points and go for the companion pass. I also currently have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Ink Bold. If I do get the chance to sign up again for the Chase Southwest I will be going for both the business card and personal to get 100,000k points to get me close to that companion pass. If anyone has had a card, then canceled, then re-signed up please let me know your experience. I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Mark

uggboy likes this.
  2. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    try posting this in a more specific forum. Credit car programs/other or in the Southwest Airline forum.

3. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think sufficient time has elapsed since your last CC sign up and subsequent cancellation to get a new one. The shortest time span I ever tried between getting a new one, cancellation and reapplying successfully for the same card was Jan 11, Aug 11 and Feb 12. 18 month wait between successive applications is the conventional wisdom.

4. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think Chase will give the bonus on the exact same card ever. You might get the card but later you will be told you only get the bonus once.

5. CharlieDog

CharlieDog Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, they get wise to this stuff pretty quick