When can I re-sign up for a credit card?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by muhmuhmuhmark, Aug 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. muhmuhmuhmark

muhmuhmuhmark Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey all! I signed up for the Southwest Card over 2 years ago when they were running their gift card promotion. I canceled the card over a year ago. I wanted to know when I can resign up for the southwest card. I would really like to get those points and go for the companion pass. I also currently have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Ink Bold. If I do get the chance to sign up again for the Chase Southwest I will be going for both the business card and personal to get 100,000k points to get me close to that companion pass. If anyone has had a card, then canceled, then re-signed up please let me know your experience. I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Mark

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Have no first hand knowledge. However, the general "rule" with Chase is once in every two years or so.

3. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a SW card since maybe 2005-2006 during Rapid Rewards version 1.0. When they were switching over to the points system I cancelled just before my annual fee was due (February 2011). I eventually got new SW personal and business cards in April 2012 to work on getting the companion pass and had no trouble getting the bonus points. I don't know if it had to do with the fact that the bonuses were different (originally got 8 or 16 SW credits, can't remember which) or if they were different card products or if I just got lucky. Either way, I got in on the deal, and now I have my companion pass. YMMV.

When did you get the Preferred Sapphire and Ink Bold?

If it were me, I'd go for it if you haven't gotten those 2 chase cards too recently. You could roll the dice and try to get it at the beginning of 2013 to make your pass last through 2015, but that might be risky as we never know what deals will or won't be there/be active by that time.