What's with LAX-OGG today?!?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hulagrrl210, Jul 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    All 3 Maui flights are delayed today due to "aircraft servicing". Anyone know about any AD's for the 753's?

Attached Files:

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ouch, hope that's not true for OGG-SFO

3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the outbound is delayed then the return generally is delayed, go to mobile.united.com and enter the flight # then click the link for the Where is this aircraft coming from? to determine the delay.

As for the AD's for the B753... There was nothing posted in United Operations.

4. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Usually the SFO-OGG planes go back to SFO and same for LAX, so unless they're having problems up there today too...

Going on 4 hours here at LAX with a 5-month old in tow...fun times!

Sean Colahan and desamo like this.
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Eww... I'd hope UA sent out a token of appreciation for your understanding in the delay... Did you ask an agent for the reason?

6. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The CS lines here are crazy! I'm hoping for a "token" of appreciation as well maybe waiting in my email, if not I'll deal with it later. Taking care of the little one is my top priority.

The same 757 has been parked at our gate since we got here around 10-something and according to the mobile app since last night...I'm hoping the morning flight isn't an indication on how our day is going to go- they were like 6 hours late.

Anyway, I'm trying to focus on the positive- We did have a nice lunch at the In n Out on Sepulveda watching a couple A-380's (and a 737) land :)

Attached Files:

desamo, Flyer1976 and genemk2 like this.
  7. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok, jk that wasn't our gate. There is no plane at our gate. We were told the plane IS HERE and will be at the gate in 15 minutes... That was 30 minutes ago. Must be stuck on the 405. :rolleyes:

desamo, mtbroxs and Flyer1976 like this.
  8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would believe that... teh 405 is awful in LA no matter what...

Your 757 is actually in the Hangar at LAX, there must be some AD or MX action I'll inquire about that when I talk to my friends later.

Plus a 5 hour delay...that's just awful!

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  9. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two s-UA flights (LIH and OGG) plus the two s-CO OGG flights look like they took significant delays today. UA351 LIH-SFO appears to have a major delay as well. Rough day to be headed to/from the Islands!

10. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    did your 753 have E+?

The way they are mixing the a/c and crews up on the OGG routes makes it harder to recover from irrops anywhere in the system now. It's a mess.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear about the plane, compared to the plane you took out to OGG, if they ever got it off.

-David

11. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of my friends was supposed to work SFO-OGG-SFO however due to the delays they recrewed the entire OGG operation out of LAX/SFO which added to the delays a little bit further. He ended up working SFO-OGG-LAX and the crews out of LAX worked the reverse as well to offset the rescheduling.

12. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We ended up on a CO plane which did have E+ but no IFE's. We finally took off around 7:30pm. KOA and HNL were also delayed yesterday in addition to OGG and LIH. The reason we were given by the captain was an avionics problem needed to be fixed. Customer appreciation specified the delay was due to late arriving parts to fix the plane's TCAS. Anyway we made it! Mom and dad (golds) got $200 e-certs and baby (gm) got $100. The crew said they had been with the plane since 7am Texas-time. As much as our day sucked, I think theirs might have sucked just a little more.

Flyer1976 and genemk2 like this.
  13. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Totally since their duty day period maximum is 16 hours so they must have appreciated getting to LIH and crashing at the Hotel.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  14. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had this problem ex-KOA not long ago. Inbound aircraft from LAX was delayed 3 hours. Not a fun delay to have with an infant in tow.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  15. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    On OGG-SFO, we had a small MX delay (10 minutes?). The crew were really nice asking people to wait for those with tight connections when we landed. As we weren't in a hurry, we waited for most everyone to disembark. Had coffee and snack in the United Club, which was a nice waystation on our way to long-term parking.

Also, this was a 753. Decent enough for the purposes. They were showing Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, but I opted to sleep (as it was a redeye).

hulagrrl210, chrislacey and Flyer1976 like this.