What's the Worst Traveller That You've Sat Next to on a Plane?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Newscience, Nov 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's a great segment of travel guru Peter Greenberg's regular travel blog entitled:

Don’t Be That Guy! The Worst Travelers Flying Today

"When you travel you can choose your seat, but you can’t always choose your seat mate. And that’s where the trouble starts. Travel etiquette appears to be a lost art, but airlines and passengers do have a few rights when it comes to bad travelers.
    Take the smelly traveler..."

Read this article and watch Peter's video at:

http://petergreenberg.com/2013/11/18/bad-travelers/

2. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    My fav is the person who has five friends by liquor as they come on board, and then proceeds to get smashed immediately after cruising altitude on the way to SYD...not that this happened to me...;)

Nothing like your seat mate being a slobbering drunk for 13 hours... :eek:

Newscience and Mapsmith like this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Worst has to be not a seat mate but the seat in front of me. Infant who filled the diaper. Mom did not change the diaper for about an hour and a half. Complaints all around by other passengers. Finally a FA offered to change the kid in the lav.

Newscience likes this.
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd say it would be a smoker for me. It hasn't happened to me in ages but few things are more intolerable than a jacket yellow from cigarette smoke that hasn't been washed since 2010.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely! As hard as we try, we'll never quite be able to forget that flight from San Juan to Miami, when a mom sitting directly in back of us, after a hour of so of "marinating", decided to change her infant's diaper on the airline seat! :eek:

6. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not really beside me. But when the row in front of you and back of you takes out their portable speakers and blasts it on full volume throughout the flight, then drinks a significant amount of alcohol + stands up the entire flight. (They know each other) You kinda wish turbulence kicked in and did it's job.

ella, Newscience and MSYgirl like this.
  7. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, yes, Darwin's rules! :)

Sammich likes this.