What's the significance of your user name?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by julielou2, Apr 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll start.

I'm a guy so you may think...okay...julielou2...hmm...wife or pet ferret is probably named julie. Let's see...lou?...probably your name. 2? Uhh...maybe some sort of sick fascination with Derek Jeter...

Actually, kind of close. Julie is my wife's name. The Lou part comes from my wife's mother. Her name is Jackie Louise. Jackie had a reputation in grade school (no not that!) of being very bullheaded...very stubborn. So her nickname back then was Jackie Lou Bullhead. Well, my wife is very similar in nature...very bullheaded, refuses to give in, and will not concede the last word. So...I try and get the last word in by saying, "Whatever you say, JULIE LOU!" I know it ticks her off and YES I do suffer consequences throughout the day for calling her that! Anyway, the reason for the number 2 is that I felt obligated to throw in a numeral and decided that 2 makes the whole user name rhyme.

That's the significance of my user name. Who's next?

2. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine is a lyric from a favorite band of mine, Miracle of 86 (now defunct, but the lead singer is Kevin Devine, who still performs with a backing band). The song is called 'Truth Poem in 4/4'. I've used it as a username around the internet since high school, hah, oh vey.

3. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty guarded when it comes to my privacy and how much I reveal about myself online. Which my family and friends think is hilarious given that I've been blogging since 2006 using my real name and I have no qualms about going on a "DO" and meeting "strangers" on the internet.

With that in mind I decided to use a user name I created after I bought my WRX in 2002. Little did I know that several other people would choose the same user name. Maybe it's a good thing, since it keeps everyone guessing as to my real identity. ;)

4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine is easy...;)

goalie.jpg

And yes, I made the save. A glove save-not a "beauty" but still a glove save ;)

5. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been using Autolycus for quite a few years in online games. Autolycus is a character from Greek mythology, as at least miles and smiles has guessed. I originally picked it because of Bruce Campbell's rendition of the character on the Xena and Hercules shows, and still find it to be an entertaining online name.

6. Redhead

Redhead Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine is pretty easy too. I'm a redhead. Some people call me Red and I find that being a redhead lets me get away with stuff that blondes and brunettes can't. People expect redheads to be a little quirky.

I actually did an experiment several years ago and spent several months as each a blonde and as a brunette. Let me tell you, REDHEADS have lots more fun!

7. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am one. Or was.

8. doc
    Original Member

doc Silver Member

Status Points:

Same with me ..easy..
    I'm a "doc"
    Have a great one everybody! Safe & rewarding travel to all! :)

9. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the beginning of the season, I took my daughter to the Teal and White game at the Shark Tank. While we were waiting in line, the guy next to us was telling us that he played goalie in some local league. I was going to ask him if he was the infamous goalie of MP and TOBB fame, but I never did. So I don't know if it was you, but it was a lot of fun chatting with the guy (he said that in the summer Nabokov and a few other NHLers like to skate at the rink in Redwood City).

Back to the topic, my user name comes from my love of one of the greatest wines in the world, the Clos de Ducs. Not enough money to buy a lot of it, but every once in awhile, it's a real treat.

10. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, it wasn't me at The Tank but Redwood City was the rink that I played at and yes, it was always fun to play with and against members of the Sharks. Not fun getting "schooled" by many of them :eek: but fun making a highlight film save on a rare occasion (and getting a few goaltending tips and compliments was great! :D)

11. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine is somewhat obvious.

12. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wife and I are crazy phineas and ferb fans. The sad thing is we don't even had kids to explain this obsession! So whenever we are traveling we take either the large dressed up Perry The Platypus like in my avatar or we have a mini one.(Taking to FTU) we love taking photos of Perry all over the place especially where he's not suppose to be. Got a Disney manager to use a trash graboid to place Perry in the toy airplane behind the ropes during the Osborne Family light show at Disney Hollywood Studios for this pic. I even have a photo of Perry with Samantha Brown floating around here somewhere.

13. mhnadel
    Original Member

mhnadel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine is just based on my name. I have to deal with a work environment where I use systems that require so many different forms of usernames that I not only can't remember my password, I can't remember who I am.

14. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Like to think mine is obvious too, it's from my favorite move of all time.

15. 2MM_Guy
    Original Member

2MM_Guy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine is obvious as well.... too many hours BIS on AC. My favourite move is sleeping while collecting those miles.

16. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine is from old Edinburgh (where I lived for a number of years.) "Gardyloo!" was shouted before the chamber pot contents and other liquid and semi-liquid wastes were thrown out of the high tenement windows in the medieval Old Town, in order to warn those below about the pending cascade. Supposedly it was borrowed from the French garde à l'eau - look out for the water.

Words to live by as you go through life, IMO.

17. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I probably have the most obvious username anyone can imagine :p

18. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
  19. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, mine tells you about my status with AA, but yours tells us your name.

20. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where I'm from, what I like to do, and the airline on which I primarily do it :)

21. carwag25

carwag25 Gold Member

Status Points:
    First three letters of my first name, and first three letters of my old last name, and my age when I created my username (still wish I was that age)

22. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
  23. amandalasher

amandalasher New Member

Status Points:
    Mine is easy too

24. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, given that I've got the seldom-correctly-pronounceable given name of 'Elane', I went looking for a name of a literary character that would contain all the letters of 'Elane'. I struck gold with 'Mevlannen', the space-telescope engineer and reluctant heroine from The Gameplayers of Zan. Not only does Mev's fictional work tie into my real-world work in operational research, but the very name contains all five of my letters in their correct order. It's easily-prouncable, to boot! Well, easier than 'Elane' (which is far from homonymic with 'Elaine', for the record. ^_^

jbcarioca and SuperKirby like this.
  25. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Take your pick. Pizza is part of my name and I used to be in the pizza business. :)

MSYgirl, mevlannen, jbcarioca and 3 others like this.