What's the Difference Between the Four Fairmonts in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by uggboy, Jul 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's the Difference Between the Four Fairmonts in Vancouver?

Interesting comparison of all the 4 Fairmonts in Vancouver. :)

mtlfire, Kalboz and milchap like this.
  2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    This article brings back fond memories of previous stays at the original railroad Fairmont and the waterfront property. I remember my wife walking the hotel dog at Waterfront (or, more appropriately, the dog walked her). I enjoy both for different reasons.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wonderful memories indeed, thanks for sharing them with us here on MP! :)

Kalboz and Pizzaman like this.
  4. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will never go to a Fairmont Hotel and will not go to Banff , Lake Louise etc. Just because they are not even remotely luxury. They just do the job with no passion

uggboy likes this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Can't speak for all hotels but we had very enjoyable stays in Banff and Lake Louise at the Fairmonts.

uggboy likes this.
  6. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only ever stayed at the Western Canadian Fairmonts. The old railroad hotels do the basic job of being downtown within their various cities, if generally endowed with tiny little old rooms.

I quite prefer the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, which is situated at the eastern end (completely indoors!) of the transborder terminal. Ten-minute walk from domestic baggage-carousels, if I'm dawdling.

Why do I like it? Impreccable cleanliness, remarkable quiet despite overlooking the busy airport, staff are helpful yet respectful of my privacy, and the in-hotel restaurant serves up a wicked good breakfast buffet.

I stay there 10-12 nights/year, mostly on layovers between inter-Island and cross-continental flights, and get good value for money ($212/night, and no taxi/limo fees). Extra bonus is the benefits that come with maintaininging a Presidents' Club platinum-level card. That works out to about $600/year in useful things such as restaurant credit and room upgrades/free nights/yadayada.

uggboy likes this.
  7. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stay away from Fairmont. The Whistler Hotel is weird