whats the diff between the 321 to jfk and MIA

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by TRYING2BPLAT, Aug 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to boook first class on LAX to MIA and the seat config for F is.not the same as LAX to JFK, 2x2 on MIA and 1x1 for JFK? why the diff?

2. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure you're looking the 321 that you're looking at LAX-MIA isn't US operated? Other than some kind of unusual repositioning leg, AA A321Ts only fly LAX/SFO-JFK and those have a different/flagship/premium product (three class) compared to typical domestic F.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The A321 that flies JFK-LAX/SFO is the A321 "T" or transcon, 3 classes of service (lie flat first 1x1, lie flat business 2x2, economy).

There's a new A321 "B" that runs on other domestic routes, standard domestic first class.

4. flightnurse

flightnurse Silver Member

Status Points:
    US doesn't fly LAX-MIA, AA took delivery of 2 class A321's and are flying them on some routes that to me make no sense...

zpaul likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about the routes makes no sense? They're putting the planes on city pairs with higher volumes of traffic to be able to connect passengers through hubs. There isn't a true premium demand on any routes in the USA other than the ex-JFK transcons so no real need to put the 321T on LAX-MIA, for example.

6. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Times have changed between LAX and MIA. Gone are the three cabin days. The planes have the same ID on reservations as flights to JFK; 32B. But the 32B between LAX and JFK is a 3 cabin plane. The 32B to MIA has two cabins with less seats and they are business, not first. The same seats are business to JFK but only first to MIA` Times have changed between LAX and MIA

7. flightnurse

flightnurse Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't talking about 321T's but the 321B's on the LAX-MIA route. I would think that AA needs bigger planes on the LAX-MIA route then 321B's.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 321B is the highest capacity narrow-body plane they have IIRC. And they are using the wide-bodies for international travel.