What's the Best Luxury Hotel in the World?

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by linusyanez, Apr 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. linusyanez

linusyanez Member

Status Points:
    Hi, basing on your experiences, whats the best luxury hotel in the world? why do you say its the best?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Singita never been ! But heard its the best

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's difficult to say "what's best" since luxury is very personal IMHO.

Sammich and edekba like this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    ^interesting 2015 list. The 2014 or 2013 one (can't remember) use to be dominated by at least 2-3 Four Seasons properties. Now it's none.

edekba and uggboy like this.
  6. the best hotel I have been to is the four seasons london

uggboy likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and edekba like this.
  8. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    :) I'm sure lots of people will disagree but OP wanted a generic answer so that's a generic "crowd-sourced" answer

uggboy likes this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well said. As mentioned above, luxury is personal, so it's pretty difficult to say what's "best" at all times, to all people who stay in hotels. As always, what's "awesome" and "pure luxury" for some, could be judged by others as "average" or "indifferent". Plus, there's always the question of the regions where hotels are located in, what's the competition on any given location, country, region, continent, and yes, it's still very personal. Could be "grand" vs. "boutique", could be "urban" vs. "beach", could be "modern" vs. "heritage" hotels etc. Seeing it this way TA is a good start to stimulate discussion on what's luxurious, how people feel, where they stay and in TA's case for what they actually vote. :)

10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends. :)

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem with this is that a large fraction of people in "the generic crowd" (or tripadvisor users) know nothing about luxury hotels. It's almost like asking a 16 year old to pick the best wine.

Sammich, IDGflygirl and uggboy like this.
  12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    ....but we don't know this. Generic in TA's case means soley that people have stayed in a certain property and liked it, so they decided to vote their choices as "their personal luxury" experience. Seeing how many people now travel and seeing the accumulation of reviews on TA, plus the reaction from GM's, plus the conisitency of many reviews, I must confess that TA is pretty helpful many times in selection a certain property in a certain location. Plus, I like their picture section too, it's shows off images taken by real guests who stayed in any given property and yes, many luxury properties from the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok to the Ritz-Carlton Central Park, they all have a lot reviews and photos at TA. Meaning, lots of people appreciate luxury and write about it, plus take photos to share, it's nearly the same as reading someone's blog, the only different IMHO is that at TA we get many more diverse views, photos and often a good reaction from the hotel managers themselves. All is good IMHO.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  13. linusyanez

linusyanez Member

Status Points:
    I think its amanpulo in the philippines...

14. I just think Amans are overpriced hotels