What's the best,easiest way way to get Hiton gold status

Discussion in 'Hilton | Honors' started by skipilot, Jan 12, 2018.

1. skipilot

skipilot New Member

Status Points:
    Years ago,one could attain Hilton gold status simply by becoming a 'Milepoint Premium Member for $49.

I'm wondering what the least expensive way to obtain Gold Status is these days?

Other than signing up for a credit card with an annual fee of $450,are there other C/Card programs that enable Hilton Gold Status for free, a $95 annual fee or some other program or arrangement I'm not familiar with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

satman40 likes this.
  2. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pick up Paris at a wrap party and show her a good time?

( Sorry ONE last cameo. This one just begged for the Bear. Oh no you're too kind, too kind )

ella and satman40 like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My Amex Platinum Card gives it to me,

Hilton did a status match, and IHG put us in the Diamond match.., it can also be done with credit card spend..

I will leave Paris alone, do not want a Sexual Harrasment acuser on my back..:mad:

If I have an erection lasting over several hours I will call my Doctor..:D

iolaire likes this.
  4. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    The AMEX Hilton Ascend card at $95 offers Gold status.

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Plus 85,000 points not a bad deal...

American Express Hilton Honors Surpass Card comes with complimentary Gold status and 100,000 sign up bonus, also $95.00 ,

Me I’ll take 2 plus Citi has a Hilton Card,

Lot of good deals out there,

We had an early flight out of FCO, sure was nice as a Diamond, the room and breakfast was a real WIFE SAVER...:D sleeping next to the airport

This is unbelievable hobby,:confused:

Update,,

All four new Amex Hilton cards are now available with shiny new signup offers. And each offer says “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.” With respect to the Ascend card, that surprises me...

I have the Surpass Card, and some others, never had the Ascend Card..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new credit cards go live today, and as part of that we’re seeing the introduction of the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, which is the first Hilton Honors small business credit card.

Applications are now live for the new $95 annual fee Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, which is offering a sign-up bonus of up to 100,000 Hilton Honors points — you can earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first three months, and a further 25,000 bonus points after spending an additional $1,000 within the first six months.

That’s a solid sign-up bonus, and just about all small business owners with good to excellent credit should be eligible for it, given that this card is brand new. In terms of the return on spend, the card offers:

• 12x Hilton Honors points at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio worldwide
    • 6x Hilton Honors points on U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service producers and U.S. purchases for shipping
    • 6x Hilton Honors points on U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
    • 3x Hilton Honors points on all other eligible purchases
    On top of that, the card offers lots of other potentially valuable perks, including:

• Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as you have the card
    • A weekend night certificate valid at virtually any Hilton property worldwide after you spend $15,000 on the card in a calendar year
    • A second weekend night certificate when you spend an additional $45,000 on the card in the same calendar year
    • 10 free airport lounge visits each year with the Priority Pass Select membership that comes with the card
    • Hilton Honors Diamond status when you spend $60,000 on the card in a calendar year
    • No foreign transaction fees

Counsellor likes this.
  7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surpass has been converted to Ascend. Check your on-line account.

satman40 likes this.
  8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will, it is on Credit Card Auto Pay,

Amex switched me not too long ago, had a 3k spend or so and picked up 100k in points,

I think they swapped out an Amex Hilton Card of mine.

They have not sent me a new Ascend Card.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Counsellor likes this.
  9. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it was a Citi Hilton VISA card they swapped out, not an AMEX. I had the same experience.

But I also already have an AMEX Surpass, and that's now designated as an Ascend so they converted that one, too.

By the way, I wonder if whoever decided to change the name to Ascend ever said the name out loud. Not a good label for a card that wants to be prized if you put the emphasis on the first syllable.

P.S. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Rome. I'm headed for Munich in May. Nice being retired . . . .

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    satman40 likes this.
  10. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Munich is great, enjoyed the train station, and the walks downtown,

We arrived by air, and walked over and took the train to our hotel, took a taxi on the return, and enjoyed the Luthanasa lounge..

We were at medical convention, and they put on quite a show for us, they have a nice public transportation system,

Enjoy your trip, we did...

Counsellor likes this.
  11. Saltzy

Saltzy New Member

Status Points:
    Instead of making a stay that is for 7 nights try making a separate reservation for each night

12. JaneJohnson

JaneJohnson New Member

Status Points:
    thanks for information!