What's the best Cat 1-5 Marriott brand hotel in PHX area

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by daninstl, Dec 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking to try and head off my seasonal depression by using my two free cat 1-5 nights in Phoenix soon. Any suggestions on the best property in that range. I like the Marrott's in Scottsdale like the Camel back property but they are all like Cat 7.

Keep in minds this is just for a quick weekend escape from the snow. I'm a runner and need to get some miles in and hit the pool and lay in the sun for a day or two. Last year I did it at a hole in the wall Hyatt Place which was great. Nothing special but quiet.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a plan. I hate the high parking fee but it might work.

4. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was happy at both the Renaissance and the Marriott downtown, both Cat 5s. But, just depending on what you might be doing, the Tucson Marriott University Park was absolutely amazing with their service, and they are very kind to their Plat members. Twice now I have gotten to stay in their Master Suite at the Top Floor, and because they saw I had my family with me, they even gave me the attaching room for free. Especially now when it is out of school, they seem to go the extra mile.

It's funny, I'm using up my Cat 5 certs same as you today, I just did two in Phoenix, and in two weeks, a few in Vegas to help with those winter doldrums :)

icurhere2 likes this.