What's that fare bucket??

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Wandering Aramean, Oct 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new alphabet soup is a bit hard to follow and parse through. I've compiled the details of all the fare buckets and made them look pretty. The information is now posted in the MilePoint wiki here: http://milepoint.com/forums/wiki/un...program-details/#mileage-plus-mileage-earning.

That section of the wiki is written in the present tense even though there are a few of the changes that aren't going to be fully deployed for a few weeks yet. It is just easier this way. I hope you understand.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or to update it yourself if something changes and I haven't updated it yet.

bk3day, rggale, AZjohn and 8 others like this.
  2. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nicely done!

rwoman likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I took a look, and you definitely filled in a few gaps. The MP wiki is so much more nicely formatted and useable than the one at FT, but as yet we still need to beef up the content here and there.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm intending on populating the FT FAQ thread, too. I just got the credentials for that this morning and converting the content takes a bit of time, especially when I'm actually working a real job these days. I don't intend to also maintain it on the FlyerGuide wiki because I can only handle so much and that's part of the same organization that runs MilePoint so I figure the once is enough.

5. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So is R a subset of RN?

I also noticed that both Saver Awards and Upgrade Awards to 3 cabin aircraft come out of the same fare bucket. Does that mean that the GS benefit of converting upgrade space to award space is going away at least for 3 cabin aircraft?

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I did not confirm this when compiling the data but I would not be surprised to see the practice of keeping the various award buckets as subsets of the _N buckets alive.

I suppose so.

7. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I imagine 6 months from now I will be use to all the "new" codes and terms, but just seems very strange to me still:confused:
    Thanks for your great work Wnadering Aramean

goalie likes this.
  8. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    RPU
    GPU
    M-O-U-SSSSSSS-E

AZjohn and Wandering Aramean like this.