What's going on with US off-peak awards?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by viguera, Apr 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just noticed today while looking around that things are wonky (yeah that's the technical term :) ).

I called the reservation line says that "the calendar hasn't been loaded yet" which means that even though the calendar shows flights, you won't see any off-peak rates. I'm looking at North America to Europe and South America during off-peak periods (Jan-Feb for Europe and Feb-March for South America).

This is even funkier because you can search just fine at 330 days out and 2014 off-peak is obviously gone, but if you wanted to book right now for off-peak travel, you wouldn't see any off-peak rates.

Their award chart still shows the off-peak rates, but when you look at the calendar to try to book something, only Low / Medium / High shows up.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/dividendmiles/usemiles/awardchart.html

I've looked all over the East Coast to the usual European destinations (CDG, FCO) and South America (EZE, GRU) and nothing shows up.

It would be a shame if it gets killed off like European Envoy off-peak did, because for us folks in the East Coast 35k to Europe or South America even in Y was pretty awesome.

Maybe I'm missing something though... or maybe I have to wait?

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll take a SWAG that this is just part of the glitches from what's happening behind the scenes of the "New American Airlines", and that in about a year or so, they gremlins should disappear. :mad: But, I'll gladly be corrected by those more knowledgeable.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would hope so, but this is quite a huge glitch. It's not like you can call and book at the off-peak rate, they're just not available period.

Right now if you want to book an award to Europe you end up paying 60k in Y for Low rather than 35 for off-peak, so your options are a) pay 40% more miles for the same award or b) wait it out and hope the availability is there whenever they get around to fixing it. Assuming they ever do.

Newscience likes this.
  4. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think they were making updates, I just received the new updated US Airways charts links today, and then logged in and could see the Off-Peak rates today.

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking at PHL / CLT to CDG in January / February and only see 30k each way. FCO is showing 45k each way, which is actually worse. :)

6. marylide

marylide New Member

Status Points:
    I saw the fares back in early March but nothing since then. I check everyday . I just posted something on the American Airlines Facebook. Have you seen the off peak fares lately? when I check the category of off peak is not even included in the calendar for flexible dates.

viguera likes this.