What's Alaska's F Service to Hawaii like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by James K., Oct 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. James K.

James K. Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I got in on the Icelandair deal a couple months ago and have two tickets SEA-LIH-SJC-SEA in F.
    I've never been on Alaska and don't know what to expect.

All three flights are on 738s, and they say they'll offer Dinner/Lunch/Snack respectively. Obviously a 737 isn't going to have flat-bed seats, but at the same time, SEA-LIH is a 2700 mile flight to Hawaii. Will the meal service be better than what I would get in Delta domestic F? Is there any handheld entertainment device?

Basically, what am I getting for my Icelandic SagaMiles? Thanks so much.

2. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did this deal a few weeks back. AS F is your standard US domestic F seat. Nothing to write home about. Your plane will probably have wifi but it won't work unless the plane is within 200 miles of the continental US. They have personal video players for free in F that have a decent selection of TV and movies to watch.

Service-wise it was stepped up a bit from other AS F flights I have been on. Asked for a drink order while boarding and drinks kept full throughout the flight. They had a menu on each seat and the food has a Hawaiian flair to it. I thought the food was very decent. They also have special drinks (Mai tais, juices and special beer).

All in all it was very pleasant although nothing extraordinary by any means. With that said, if this deal was still around I would rebook in a heartbeat.

Aloha and have a blast on the island.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  3. James K.

James K. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much!