What would milepointers do!

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jgg630, Feb 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked in at a Hilton hotel which I stay at once a month. Upon check in the clerk said " you are in an upgraded room." Then she hesitated and said "oh thanks for being Gold." This was not the problem. The problem was that when I got to my room it looked like there had been a party but I wasn't invited. There were food crumbs all over the floor and furniture. I immediately called the front desk and told them the problem and they sent housekeeping. The housekeeper asked "did you just check in?" My reply was yes. She then proceeded to vacuum and clean up.

My friends say I should have demanded another room. I say I was fine once it was cleaned. What would you have done?

flyingdawg and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Carefully inspected the bed and bathroom.

3. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did that before I put my luggage down.

4. N965VJ
    Original Member

N965VJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Used towels or an unmade bed I would've called down to see if they had a similar room available. If they did, I'd say I'll be down in a sec to exchange keys. If not it would be a toss up if I wanted to wait for housekeeping to show up or take a lesser room, since when I check in in the evening I like to grab a quick shower and go out for dinner / drinks right away (I'm assuming the OP is somewhere in the States at the moment).

If it was just crumbs I would brush them off, literally and figuratively. :D

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The thing about hotel rooms is that there was always someone else in there just before you got in. It isn't like they fumigate the building between check-ins. Let housekeeping do their thing and move on.

6. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It wasn't just a few crumbs. You could see the mess from across the room. It looked like someone had walked around the room eating a couple of sandwiches. I think they may have used the couch as a plate.

7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have requested another room, possibly of an even higher value than the upgrade... for my "trouble"...:p:D

8. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    forget the immediate.
    schedule a time with the mgr (who you should know by now if you are staying frequently at same property) and have a discussion w/them about the matter. Hopefully you'll be taken better care of in the future. Besides being taken care of, the discussion has led to mgr's offering free nights on weekends, so that the Mrs could come visit me.

garyst16 likes this.
  9. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree that as long as the room was adequately cleaned by housekeeping, it would be ok, assuming there weren't any other rooms available at that time. It certainly would've been nice if they comped you a nice food & beverage amenity or something.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  10. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually receive an email from the hotel the day I check out asking how my stay was. I was going to address it then but never received the email this time.

11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Waiting until the opportunity to solve the problem has passed to bring it up is rarely effective.

If housekeeping cleaned the room sufficiently to meet your needs at the time then I'd say no harm done. But only if they actually met your needs. If they didn't then the time to address it was while you were there, not a week later after you left.

12. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    No Holiday Inn Express nearby? :D