What women want: Hotels look to cater for more female business travelers

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Mar 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/travel/business-travel-women-hotels/

Hotels are working overtime to accommodate the needs of one of the fastest growing demographics in the travel industry: businesswomen.

"Women are nearing half of all business travelers, and they make up 85% of purchase choices in the household," says Carolyn Pearson, the founder of Maiden-Voyage.com, a website that connects female business travelers across the globe and rates femme-friendly hotel brands.

"A woman might choose a hotel for business travel and then, if she likes it, go back for a weekend stay, or book the room again with the family. Hotels are starting to realize that when it comes to travel decisions, women are really influential."

Pearson also trains hotels to look at their service from a female perspective, enabling them to tweak what they offer to appeal more to women.

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/travel/business-travel-women-hotels/

2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be kind of surprised if this stuff wasn't considered by the T&L industry until recently. It's pretty common knowledge that women make up a majority of purchase decisions for any household.

3. mhnadel
    Original Member

mhnadel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, this usually amounts to them throwing a few pink, over-scented things into their rooms. They still fail to have skirt hangers and adequate lighting, which are my major peeves with hotels on business trips.

free101girl and Muerl like this.
  4. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps an operator could introduce a female only cabins on aircraft? If they can do it on trains, why not on another form of transport 'hana densha'.

Pink champagne anyone?

5. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife is constantly complaining about the quality of conditioner/shampoos in hotels. Other than that, she likes larger bathrooms, but then again, who doesn't?

6. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    It actually was years ago, maybe 8 or so I don't recall, but it didn't really drawn the women to those hotels so most hotels stopped those programs. Now there's a new movement to get it going again.