What type of spend on Ink?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by merice107, Dec 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a new customer to the Ink Bold. I believe I have seen people post on here how in the terms and conditions it says the card is for business purchases only, but it seems that people use it for personal purchases anyways.

Would using it for a scuba diving trip flag anything? I would rather get UR points than United points since UR has more options (and to help my minimum spend). But not if it is going to get me in trouble. Anyone have any experience with this?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Using it for the purchases you prefer (such as you describe) hasn't been reported to be a problem by anyone.

merice107 likes this.
  3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Use it for lots of stuff. No issues.

merice107 likes this.
  4. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    You may even settle your debt to me with this card. I will give you a 10% discount if you do it within 24 hours. ;)

Use it as you please, I have not heard anything about Chase monitoring or enforcing that part of the T&Cs.
    Many times I have been known to pay for my client's scuba diving outings with the Ink. :)

malikguy and merice107 like this.
  5. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the end of the day, it's for you to decide what is/isn't a business purchase, not them. I've seen far more obscure things than a scuba trip be considered business when trying to recruit and thank clients. Even if they were to question it, any smooth talker should be able to easily justify anything as a business expense ;)

malikguy, merice107 and edekba like this.
  6. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it comes down to your risk tolerance. I've been cautious about spends I've put on the Bold to this point. I have paid my electric bill, rent (via WilliamPaid - the fee is worth it to me to vary the spend types), cell phone bill, office supplies and the occasional CVS charge and that's it. I really don't want to produce any reg flags on Chase's side, but it sounds like people are having success with everyday spend on it. However, this being just as much of a ymmv moment as any other, I'm considering still playing it a little closer to the chest, operating under the philosophy that the tortoise ends up winning the race in the end.

7. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Everyday Spend on a Business card is fine ... if you can justify it.

8. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    just maybe you are thinking about expanding your bussiness by opening up a dive shop and are doing some reserarch before you combine your other bussiness with the new dive shop. this will help you understand the pricing structure of what otehrs are willing to pay

merice107 and edekba like this.
  9. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just because it is a business card does not mean you can't use it for items like scuba diving. There are plenty of business's where you can use your company card for almost anything. I would not worry one bit. Unless they see something like HD, Staples, HD, Staples, etc.... you should be fine.

merice107 likes this.
  10. wanderlust74

wanderlust74 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Groceries ok? Or should I use my VR for that?