What travel site would you say had the best hotel deals?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Abelard Balthasar, Jul 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi guys,

My friends are looking for a hotel in Myrtle Beach, and there are so many sites to research with so many resorts and hotels, I would like to narrow it down to a couple sites. Which one would you recommend and what reasons?

Can anyone have an idea please help me?

Best regards
    Abelard Balthasar

uggboy likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Abelard, I usually start searching with hotel sites I have status with and get their best rate.
    I then do a search on Kayak, Expedia and Hotwire to see if there are any variances.
    Usually I can not find much of a difference, although the hotel site seems to be a few buck cheaper at times.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We like Hotels.com and their Welcome Rewards!:)

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    So do I!

And, if you want even more cash back from booking with them, check out http://beta.wandr.me/Travel-Rebates.aspx. I'm offering an additional 5% back on bookings made through the link there. Paid out online or by check quarterly, just like ebates or fatwallet, but with a focus on travel sites and better rates, too.

If what you care about is finding decent deals then I'd skip the individual program sites as the initial focus. If you care about deals in a particular program that's fine but I find that they're rarely the good deals, especially internationally. The status isn't worth much to me at all.

uggboy likes this.