What to say to Chase to get offer bonus bumped in secure message?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by merice107, Nov 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am about to apply for the United Mileage Plus card. I have a screen shot of the 55,000 offer (really the 65000 offer). I took it last week. When trying the link to get the offer to show up today, I can only get the 30,000 offer to show up. I'm glad I took a screen shot last week!

I've read many people say that they send Chase a secure message and get their offers matched pretty frequently. What do you say when you do that? Do you attach the screen shot in there?

Jett Rink likes this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can attach it there.

miles and smiles and merice107 like this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    When I have asked them to match another bonus, I just send a SM and say that I noticed there there was an offer of XX with YY spend over Z period. I then ask if it would be possible for them to upgrade my offer to match.

merice107 likes this.
  4. crimson

crimson Active Member

Status Points:
    Ahh, I didn't take a screens shot and ended up getting the 30k bonus. Do you think you can post the screenshot so I can send that to Chase too? Or is there somewhere I could find it online?
    Thanks

5. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Data point: Just got a confirmation that both my wife and I will be getting the offer matched for the 55,000 (technically 65000) offer. I sent in the screen shot for both.

thepointstraveler and Mikus33 like this.
  6. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear you will be getting the better offer. From my experience, Chase has always been willing to match any other offer they have out there simply by you secure messaging them and asking for it. I have done this several times and have always been given the option to have it switched.

merice107 likes this.
  7. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it was w/in the last couple months, you should be able to just log in to your account and send a secure message to Chase and they almost always will be willing to switch the offer, if you qualify. Good luck!

merice107 likes this.
  8. babykoala

babykoala New Member

Status Points:
    chase secure message is one of the best service

9. julesp

julesp Member

Status Points:
    I got a screenshot from the Million Mile Secrets blog post "Targeted United 55,000 Mile Card & United Club Card With No Annual Fee" (but can't post a link because I don't have ten posts yet, sorry).