What to get the Frequent flyer for Christmas

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by guinnessxyz, Nov 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. http://business.financialpost.com/2012/11/18/what-to-get-the-frequent-flyer-on-your-christmas-list/

One of the interesting things to me on the list:

The force be with you: The Powermat Travel Mat wirelessly charges up to three devices at once, including smartphones and laptops; just place them in receiver cases and lay them flat on the mat. The Powermat folds to fit easily in luggage and allows you to leave the tangle of cords at home. ($29.95, plus $4.95 at TheSource.ca, or have it delivered to the store and nix the shipping charges. You’ll need receiver cases too, which will set you back $3 to $20 each.)

sobore and TRAVELSIG like this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I first read the title of this thread I was sure someone would have already replied "A 1K Card".

In all seriousness- I did test out a powermat (or something similar) here in Europe- and putting the somewhat heavy cases on all of your devices outweighs any benefits of not carrying around a charger cord.

3. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least the reply would've related to travel unlike the thread topic. Is this seriously what the AC forum on MP has come to, Xmas gift ideas? Too bad. :rolleyes:

Stephan, maradori and antirealist like this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi tcook052- if it is Christmas gifts for you or I- then I am sure it is a great turn of events for the forum!

5. Travelsig, sometimes posts from bitter types are better ignored. I've done that.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  6. I like this gift as well, particularly in winter months when AC is being more strict about carryon bags

Now presenting: At $695, the pocket-sized Tumi Portable Projector works with iPhones and iPads, as well as most laptops to make presentations on the road a breeze. It produces 40 lumens of light (enough to show images indoors), but the darker the room, the greater the clarity. Order online at Tumi.com; count on 10 to 15 days for shipping and add $40 for Canadian orders. Or pick one up at select retailers in Canada (see website for details). All necessary cords included.

7. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad the rest of us can't ignore non-AC/AP threads like this one that pollute the AC forum with inane topics.

daninstl, Stephan and antirealist like this.
  8. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or status match to A3.

Stephan and antirealist like this.
  9. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 ...just adding to the post count!

tcook052 likes this.
  10. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't trust the Greek economy at all- so accumulating miles with A3 is out for me anyway.

LETTERBOY and guinnessxyz like this.
  11. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I want AA gift cards from Costco :)

12. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    About six months too late for that.

13. adelantando

adelantando Silver Member

Status Points:
    Forget the powermat, this is the only power backup I need.
    http://tinyurl.com/cd9jr3a
    Mophie 2029_JPU-PWRSTION-DUO Juice Pack Universal PowerStation Duo

It CHARGES my iPhone 5, not keeps it from dying, but actually charges my phone. I can also charge my Kindle Fire, another iPhone 5 and a Sony eReader and it will still not be dead. It has 2 USB ports and a USB micro for it to be charged. I no longer troll for plugs at airports or restaurants. I just make sure it is plugged in every night.