What to expect on ICN-CEB-ICN...

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by RedM3Pilot, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...in Business Class. All I know is the segments will be on A321 aircraft.

It's not quite the "short-hop" a la HKG-CEB on CX so I was wondering what type of food/service I can expect from OZ. Thanks.

Chimpy likes this.
  2. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am back...to answer my own post:

1. Food is perhaps a notch below CX regional J but very comparable. Had a great steak going one way and a very tasty Korean dish where you wrap your meat and rice in different types of leaves (forgot the name).
    2. Service was a magnitude above all CX J I've experienced. Did not see much of a drop-off in terms of service between OZ regional and OZ long-haul J. OZ in cabin service definitely blew...me...away.

3. On the transpac (ICN-SFO), however, OZ AVOD falls way short of Studio CX and the Quadra Smartium seats looked way cooler but I prefer the new UA Business class seats and even the CX "coffins." But....the OZ FAs definitely more than makes up for all that. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. bakedpatato
    Original Member

bakedpatato Gold Member

Status Points:
    Studio CX is unbeatable, my flight in 09 had all of Coldplay's and Oasis's discography, enough grunge to make a Gen Xer cry(from the entirety of Nevermind by Nirvana to 2 smashing pumpkins albums to Greatest Hits ala Alice in Chains) to The Fame and other American pop and enough cantonese/mandrin pop to appease the people in the back :)...and the movies....goodness....they took the cake by having The Sound of Music!
    I didn't get why people have such dislike for the CX coffins...they're private and yeah a bit narrow, but fully 180 reclining, comfortable and you must live under a rock if Studio CX doesn't have something for you! (then again, I was traveling solo, I can see how if you wanted to talk to someone it would be hard...and I had to strain my neck to look outside)

Edit:duh...Myself not being a *A flyer, its nice to know what I would expect in case of IRROPS ex-ICN

Chimpy and RedM3Pilot like this.
  4. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    The CX coffins probably are a challenge for people of larger girth...which is why CX is replacing them with US Envoy-style seats.
    I never felt claustrophobic in them, did not really need to look out (there's the nose cam for that), and even with companions, it was nice to get up and visit their cube...otherwise, Studio CX and the ladies in red were more than enough to keep me entertained and comfortable.

Chimpy and bakedpatato like this.
  5. Skypath

Skypath Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing your experience, RedM3Pilot! I'll be ICN-CEB next month myself.

Is it ssambap that you're referring to? ;)

Thanks for your sharing your take on the Quadra Smartium. I'm due to try it out on a short jump to PEK.

bakedpatato and kwai like this.
  6. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what it sounds like. This is a meal I had 6 months ago in OZ F.
    IMG_5636sm.jpg

Skypath, bakedpatato and RedM3Pilot like this.
  7. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    ^ That would be it...except there weren't as many leaves and side dishes.

Chimpy likes this.
  8. Maluku_Flyer
    Original Member

Maluku_Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to hear this. I'm flying ICN-ROR in May. Longhaul is FRA-ICN-FRA (old biz seats).