What to do with Drink Coupons...

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by cordray2643, Jul 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I get a ton of drink coupons and I always take early flights. I have racked up well over 20 of theones in the mail and throw away about 10 Biz Select coupons each month.

I thought it might be fun to read about ways to use these coupons other than getting drinks for myself.

Any thoughts?

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd either trade them (which is not set up here yet, so FT is the best option) or do some sort of promotion to give them away.

I see the fugal travel guy giving things to military members via his blog - you could offer them to him so he can share them. (If your supportive of the military you probably could just hand them out in the waiting area, if someone cannot use them on that flight I'm sure that they would give them to a buddy.)

Or you could run your own promotion here - promoting your own ideals. Something where you are rewarding behavior that you like but not really forcing people to spend money they were not already spending… For example you might offer them for free but ask that the conversation requesting the coupon include the receipt for a Kiva donation from this month, or a similar type thing that you believe in.

3. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1 on donating to military if you wont be using them and decide not to trade

milchap likes this.
  4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great idea