What to do with 26,000 Hainan Airlines Miles

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by UA191, Jul 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just recently flew YYZ-PEK r/t on Hainan in Business and got about 26,000 Fortune Wings Club Miles.
    Since HU is not a member of any alliance, what's the best way to use these miles?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect that this airline will have opportunities to join an alliance, so you might want to carefully monitor expiration dates and wait for this to happen if you don't see an award ticket or upgrade opportunity you want in the meantime. Of course, even if they join an alliance, you won't be able to combine these miles with other miles you might have, but you will have a wider choice of opportunities to use the miles. At 25K, your best bet, assuming that you don't anticipate flying this airline in the intermediate term, is probably an award ticket for a RT within Asia or a nice upgrade. Flights within mainland China seem sufficiently cheap that I wouldn't use miles this way unless they're about to expire.

UA191 likes this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they have any hotel partners that you could transfer them to?

4. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any ideas on this? They expire at the end of March & I still have 26,000 sitting around.

5. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points: