What to do with 25000 miles?

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by travelinmike33, Apr 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I each have about 25000 Skywards miles, and hers expire in November. We're based in the US and not in one of the EK cities. Are there any creative ways to use these miles for flying? Per the Skywards site, none of the partner airlines offer any redemptions for this few miles. On EK, from what I can tell the redemption options would be SIN-CMB, the trans-Tasman routes, or the middle east. A trip by November to any of those locations is unlikely. It looks like my plan will be to hope I find myself with an opportunity to use for one of those routes, and have my eye on something in the High Street catalog to purchase come November. Am I missing anything?

2. Too late now, but until May 28th United was a partner of EK and you could have spent your miles on a UA domestic flight. I wish I had seen your post sooner.

3. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too... :)

I had thought about using CO/UA miles for EK redemption, but not the other way around. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

4. eightblack
    Original Member

eightblack Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or you could try and find another person and do a "Coupon Connection" or type similar trade - whereby you sponsor another persons upgrade in return for hotel points or miles in another program. Remember, you cannot combine Skywards miles - but you can buy up to 25,000 miles per member account in a calendar year.