What to do in 120 hours in Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Theweeklyflyer, Mar 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for suggestions on what to do in Buenos Aires for 120 hours. We just booked a trip to Buenos Aires using BA miles for AA first class for 4 nights and 5 days.

We are very interested in a cooking class, dining, wine tasting/education, and museums (I'm sure I will find all I need on this).

If you can share any experience on cooking classes, dining, or wine tastings/education events in Buenos Aires, I would greatly appreciate it.

Appreciate any advice you can provide.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Tons of content over on FT. If any of you have experiences to share, would appreciate. Will report back here my experiences to build up the knowledge on MP.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Our house expert is Gaucho, who is a wine dealer there. You can see some of his posts elsewhere in this forum. He'll be along shortly. I hate to see a referral to the Argentina Forum on FT, but there he is Gaucho100k.

Gaucho and Theweeklyflyer like this.
  4. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, sounds like Gaucho will know where to look while visiting.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to the belated response... Ive been on vacation for 3 weeks and Im not still caught up with all the backlog, so little time for Internet.....

For wine tastings, please contact me via PM or email and I will be able to assist you.

With regards to cooking classes, I do have a couple of contacts in the industry but the issue is that you need to have a decent sized group for this to make sense. The Chefs I work with dont make a living teaching... they own succesfull restaurants so they are not set up as a cooking school... this means that classes with them are more fun, interactive and take place at nicer places, but the down side is that unless you are a decent sized group, the economics of this will be difficult to swallow.

How many people in your party and what are your dates of travel..?

Cheers,
    Alex / Gaucho

6. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Gaucho, I've sent a conversation over your way.