What to Do if an Airline Strike Cancels Your Flight

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rwoman, Jun 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Travel + Leisure: What to Do if an Airline Strike Cancels Your Flight

Thankfully, I have yet to have a strike cause a cancellation of a flight IME. That said, I have had ATC strikes in Europe affect slots and traffic that has delayed flights crossing the Continent. There are also effects of security, baggage handlers, border agents etc. when they strike.

I'm curious what others' experiences are with strike-related impact on air travel.
    :)

Some suggestions from the article:
    - Look for airlines/countries less prone to labor disruptions...not sure how realistic this is...sometimes the strike is in a 3rd country that affects air travel.
    - Utilize airlines with partners to aid in getting re-routed if needed.
    - Consider travel insurance.
    - Stay on top of the situation as they can change quickly.

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We're in luck as we had no strike related issues during any of our flights so far, of course this could change seeing the climate out there at the moment. The only flight disruptions experienced for now were the " technical problem " ones, I especially remember our CPH to BKK flight with SAS, instead of going to BKK we were on our way for a night in CPH instead, but in the next morning everything was smooth again and we were on our way to BKK!:)

rwoman likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for interesting article with many hints on what to do during strike disruptions! Have not really thought about this in earnest!;)

rwoman likes this.