What time does security open at DCA?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by TheBeerHunter, Mar 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I posted in the airports thread but thought I might get more response here. Anyone know what time security opens at DCA? Our flight is at 6AM on Eagle. I have recollections of interminable lines at security here in the past...

Any help?

2. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't have a definitive answer to your question, but iFly.com suggests 5am, with an historical average of up to 22 min. waiting time, depending upon the pier/concourse.

According to AA, the ticket counters open at 4.

So...

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Still not sure what time it opened but it was in full swing at about 4:45AM. Club opened a few minutes early, they have donuts here!!

Jett Rink likes this.
  4. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, 5:00. At that time the line is typically quite long to the point of looking like it will be a problem even for a 6:00 flight, but it moves quickly.

Indeed, just a couple of hours ago, I dropped a friend for the 6:00 to DFW. He was in F, and had expedited security, but I was confident that he would make the flight, and the initial swarm of people at security would be processed.

TheBeerHunter likes this.