What technology do you need?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by nyfirefly11, May 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. nyfirefly11

nyfirefly11 Member

Status Points:
    What app, software, service, etc. would you like to see exist? What don't you have available that you need or want?

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to have a jamming device for my car. It should broadcast an OFF command to any mobile device within 100 m (or yard) radius.

uggboy, daninstl and hulagrrl210 like this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    An App that will let me store Youtube videos to my Ipad, Iphone or hard drive, memory card, etc. and be able to view them without being online. I'm sure something exists out there but I use my Ipad for training and many times don't have a wifi signal to access Youtube to show short videos in class. I've been using Tube D/L but it doesn't seem to work very well. Oh and of course if it was free for the full version that would be a bonus but I would be willing to pay a little if it worked really really good.

Also an App that would allow me to change the TV channel at the airport gates from CNN or Headline news to something else.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    There used to be one -- http://www.tuaw.com/2010/08/05/mitube-app-flies-high-but-is-quickly-shot-down/

Quickly shot down by Apple. Not sure if any others have been released since. There are certainly several desktop apps and I think even cloud-based services that do that. Google is your friend.

I suspect the TVs in the airports aren't connected to regular cable. Tv be gone might be your best choice.

viguera likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I suspect the TV's only get that one channel in some sort of business arrangement. Maybe just a volume zapper for TV's and Muzak.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, they should be on mute and use close captions.

daninstl likes this.
  7. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    CNET had a review article in 2012 about downloading videos including youtube. Or is it something else ?

8. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    A TRUE wireless phone charging device. Not the ones that are currently out with the pads. Those pads are worse than actual cords because you can't pick up your phone and play with it.

I think what I want is way too futuristic.

9. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've left lounges numerous times to spend tons of $$ at a sports bar because of this.